Thursday 17 March 2011

Funky French and Decorative Scissors

Good Morning,

Believe it or not I wore Blue Monday's mani up to now. I did not add any nailart to my My dominate hand like I did my right hand.  Yes, I  went to work looking like this. Lol!  After seeing Erika's mani from Chloe's Nails she is so great with her tape method.  Well, she did a mani using decorative scissors.  After work yesterday I went to Michaels and bought a bucket of these decorative/craft scissors.  Yes, they had a bucket of 12 for $9.99.  The one I used (victorian) came as a single pair was not included in the bucket. The name of the design is on each one and each pair is a different color.  Really cute.

Please don't laugh the design is alittle distorted I definately need more practice.  Ha Ha :/

                                          Victorian
Loreal Ocean Breeze,  Victorian Scissors, Orly Matte Vinyl (Matte Couture Collection 2009)

See my funky french my ring, and pinky fingers were a little stubborn.


I was thinking about taking the scissors back to the store because I had a hard time cutting the tape.  If the tape was thicker it would cut so much better.  I finally got the hang of it though.  Added a shiny topcoat (Revlon Colorstay) because I didn't like the matte look on my tips.

Tip:  Through my research overtime these will get dull after repeated use, but they can be sharpened by cutting through tin foil.


So what do you think?  Will you try using these scissors for your mani designs?

Erika, thanks for another way for designing our mani's! Whoo Hoo 
     

Until next time please have a great nail polish day. (✿◠‿◠) Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment