Tuesday 10 July 2012

Teal Tuesdays...Challenge Half Moon

Today is Teal Tuesdays and the challenge: Half Moon

I was excited to take on this challenge because I done it once and was very pleased with the look.  The first time I took on the challenge I used reinforcements  to tape off for the moon design.  Lo and behold I couldn't find them.  So, I tried to freehand the moon...bad decision it looked like a first grader took on the challenge. Lol!  I grabbed my Nailene french tip guides, they did okay but it didn't give the round curve shape I was looking for. 

Half Moon Nailart Design

Half Moon Nailart Design

 
After applying my base coat I polished on 2 coats of L'oreal Now You See Me.  It's a pretty greyed teal creme and sorta jelly like.  This polish is thin, I had some dragging problems with it.  Next time I'll make sure I let the first coat dry thoroughly.

Half Moon Nailart Design

Half Moon Nailart Design

I applied a coat of Seche Vite so the first polish can dry faster.  I waited about 10 mins. and applied the french tip guides carefully.  I layered a coat of Wet n' Wild  On a Trip.  I am in love with this purple shade.  I think it's gorgeous!  The bottle brush is hugh I mean so hugh it looks like a snow shovel.  I immediately removed the french tip guides and viola! I'm not crazy about the moon shape here but I'm loving the color combo! Whoo Who!


Half Moon Nailart Design

  I almost put a layer of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength, Glass Slipper (white flakies) over the top but decided to leave it as is.


Have you tried a half moon design?   Thoughts?


Some of the other blogs participating are
 


 




 Until next time please have a great nail polish day. (✿◠‿◠)

No comments:

Post a Comment